Beneath the bonnet, the Grand Sport retains the LS3 6.2-liter V8 rated at 430HP (436HP with the optional two-mode exhaust system) and 424 lb-ft or 575Nm of torque that can be matched to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The Grand Sport models fitted with a manual gearbox come with a dry-sump oiling system, differential cooler and a rear-mounted battery.
Corvette claims that these upgrades enable cornering capability of 1.0 g, as well as a 0.2-second improvement in 0-60 acceleration compared to the standard LS3-powered Vettes.
The complete list of content and special features for the Grand Sport includes:
- Wider front and rear fenders – including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges
- Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler
- Functional brake ducts and extra cooling
- Unique 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels; painted finish standard and chrome finish optional
- Large 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear
- Z06-size brakes, including 14-inch (355 mm) front rotors with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340 mm) rear rotors with four-piston calipers
- Specific manual transmission gear ratios
- Specific rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models