Shelby American, the company responsible for creating modern "Shelby" Mustangs (except for Ford's own GT500), has released details about its Super Snake package for the 2011 Mustang GT500. No surprise there, except that the "post title" package can be pushed up to 800 horsepower (no torque figures have been released for that one, yet). Interested? Get in line, because only 1,000 will be built for 2011.
The base 2011 Super Snake package gets people a 660-horsepower / 590 lb-ft supercharged V8, a Ford Racing suspension kit, Borla exhaust system, new Shelby-designed Alcoa rims, and more (check out the rest below, because the list is just your standard bolt-ons and my fingers grow weary).
Package options include a supercharger upgrade to Shelby / Ford Racing or Shelby / Kenne Bell supercharger - anything to tack "Shelby" onto a part - that puts out 750 horsepower and throws in a new driveshaft, throttle body, and badges for good measure; or, if you're really in the mood to spend some cash, you can opt for that 800-pony package. Shelby American says that its Super Snake packages will only be available from the company or one of its "mod shops".
Company president John Luft says, "Ford Motor Company did a marvelous job making the 2011 model year GT500 lighter and more powerful. Our team applied its experience building Super Snakes over the past several years to offer a package that dramatically increases the new car's capabilities. And with the visual changes we've made, it will be a definite stand out on the road or track."
To give you an idea of pricing, the 750-horse package will run $30,245 including installation. You know, don't worry about getting in that line I mentioned earlier; if the price adds that kind of cash to the $49,500 price of a base...BASE...GT500, just go get yourself a Viper. Hell, at least you'll be driving one hell of a cool snake-themed sports car. That, and your neighbor's kid won't have a V6 version of the same thing.
By Phil Alex
Via: Jalopnik , Source: Shelby
The 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
• Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger upgrade producing over 660 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
• Either a Shelby/Ford Racing or Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger kit producing 750 HP with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges
• Optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
• Borla exhaust system
• An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is also available
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
• Short-throw shifter
• Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
• Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
• Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
• "Shelby" lettering across the rear deck lid
• "Super Snake" vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
• Optional two tone leather interior
• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components