The all-new, British-built Auris Hybrid will arrive at Toyota's UK dealerships in the beginning of July with prices starting from £18,950 on-the-road for the basic T4 and from £20,700 for the better equipped T Spirit model.
The pricing for the hybrid variant of the Auris hatchback is surprisingly close to Toyota's dedicated Prius Hybrid which ranges from £19,505 to £22,610 and far more expensive than the Honda Insight that starts from £16,235.
The Auris Hybrid makes use of the same powertrain found in the Prius combining 1.8-liter petrol engine and an electric motor for a total output of 134-horsepower. It completes the nought to 62mph (100km/h) acceleration in 11.4 seconds and tops out at 112mph or 180km/h.
When fitted with 15-inch wheels, combined cycle fuel economy is 74.3 mpg UK (3.8lt/100km or 61.8 mpg US) and CO2 emissions are 89 g/km; with the 17-inch wheel option it returns 70.6 mpg UK ( 4.0lt/100km or 58.8 mpg US) and 93 g/km of CO2.
Key features of the standard T4 include: -
- Climate control air conditioning
- Six-speaker audio with CD, radio, MP3 file player
- USB and Aux-in connection
- Front and rear electric windows
- Electric, heated door mirrors
- Front fog lights
- LED running lights
- Colour-matched door handles and mirrors
- Push-button start
- Seven airbags, including driver's knee airbag
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRC)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
T Spirit grade adds the following items: -
- Leather and Alcantara upholstery
- Cruise control
- Dusk-sensing headlamps
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Smart Entry and Start
- Auto-dimming electrochromatic rear view mirror
- Rear view camera display in rear view mirror
An optional Navigation Pack, providing satellite navigation, rear camera and rear parking sensors, costs £1,200, and Bluetooth can be specified for the T4 version for £285.