Billed as the top performance model of the WRX STI lineup, Subaru says that the R205 -where "R" stands for "Road Sport"- makes full use of specially designed features and performance parts of the "WRX STI spec C" model.
In the handling department, the R205 adopts STI tuned dampers, coil springs, flexible type strut tower bar, flexible type lower arm stiffener of front suspension, and 18-inch alloys wrapped in Bridgestone's specially designed RE070 tires size 245/40 R18.
Stopping power is provided by a Brembo brake system with 6-pot calipers up front and 4-pot calipers at the back.
Subaru also tweaked the Impreza WRX STI's engine by adopting an exclusively designed turbocharger with ball bearings for the turbine axle bearing, specially tuned ECU, and a new sport muffler with lowered back pressure exhaust. The result is an increased output of 325-horsepower and 431Nm or 317.9 lb-ft of peak torque.
As for the R205's looks, aside from the different alloy wheels, Subaru added newly designed front under spoiler, rear apron and black roof wing, as well as specially colored front grille and side STI garnish.
Subaru Impreza R205
- STI tuned inverted strut and coil springs for front suspension
- STI tuned damper and coil springs for rear suspension
- "Brembo" 6-pot brake caliper with STI silver logo and 18-inch grooved rotors for front brake
- "Brembo" 4-pot brake caliper with STI silver logo and 18-inch grooved rotors for rear brake
- STI designed 18-inch cast aluminum wheels
- Bridgestone specially designed "POTENZA RE070" (245/40R18) tyres
- STI designed flexible type front strut tower bar
- STI designed flexible type lower arm stiffener of front suspension
- R205 ECU (Engine Control Unit)
- R205 exhaust pipe
- R205 twin scroll turbocharger with flexible type ball bearings for the turbine axle bearing
- R205 sport muffler with lowered back pressure exhaust
- R205 front stabilizer
- R205 side sill plate
- R205 serial number plate
- R205 front grille (black)
- STI designed front under spoiler
- STI designed side STI garnish (black metallic)
- STI designed rear under spoiler
- STI designed rear spoiler (black)
- R205 badges on front grille and rear gate
- The planed production is limited to 400 units
- MSRP; 4,510,000 JP Yen (without tax)
Engine type; Horizontally-Opposed 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbocharged engine
Displacement; 1,994 cc
Transmission; 6 speed manual transmission
Maximum output; 235kW (320PS)/6,400 rpm
Maximum torque; 431Nm (44.0kg.m)/4,000 rpm -Overall length X width X height; 4,415 X 1,795 X 1,465 mm